Tuesday, January 08, 2008

Not Just another SMS (Part 3)

(My apologies for not being prompt enough with the posts. )

I still don’t remember how I came back home. But the moment I stepped into my room, the mobile ring brought me back to senses. It’s Soumya!!! Well…I’m in for a treat. This is the first time she’s calling me. This must be something special. I was surprised when she brought in the topic of Nikita. She was furious (or jealous?) that I talked to her. I couldn’t convince her that it was she who came to talk to me. Bang went the line.

Hey!!! How did she know this? This means she’s in the party. I called her back but the mobile is off. I was really impatient. I tried to look at the different possibilities. She could be Radha’s classmate. Yes…she is Radha’s classmate. Now I need to know from Radha who enquired about me. It’s too late in the night to call her. And the night seemed long!

It wasn’t even 7 in the morning when I called Radha up. She tried recollecting all the people who enquired about the two of us (Nikita and me). There were so many guys from her class (obvious) and some relatives. She said that none of the girls asked about me. And there’s no one by the name Soumya. Phew! This one’s also gone. And the mobile looks switched off to glory. What can I do? Radha started teasing me again on Nikki. What’s up bhayya? You seem to be after my friend. Help chahiye kya. She doesn’t even know that Nikki is just the bait.

I was about to cut the line when Radha said Nikki is leaving to Hyderabad. She’s joining a college there on a mutual transfer. Shock after shock! I do not know if not finding Soumya is painful or this one is. I inadvertently said I want to meet her…again. Radha burst out laughing. I know…but the train leaves in another 30 min. So, better hurry. Oops…destiny has conspired against me, again.

Never before did I crave for someone like this. I was off to the station on my bike. I need to get her something. I wasn’t sure. Flowers, chocolates??? I zeroed on Expressions. Thanks to the companies that come up with innovations. Half the job is done by them ;)

I was at the station and I could her see her smile from a distance. It looked so radiant and vibrant. Will she remember me? I should have asked Radha to inform her of my arrival. I was surprised to see her give me a big smile when she looked at me. Hi Siddhu…so you have been tracking me. I couldn’t say a bit. I wish the Expressions conveyed everything to her. I wished the time stops there with everyone except the two of us stationary. It didn’t :(

Thoughts of our meeting yesterday swept my mind. How I wished we met earlier? It’s Soumya again that brought me back to senses. I know you would never find me; even if you see me. I know you are smitten by that girl but I’m no less beautiful. But, where on Earth are you! I talked to you right now right here…just before you left to greet Nikki. Oh my God!! I spoke to the ticket clerk just before greeting Nikki. And she’s a 50 year old!!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

kahin nikki hi soumya to nahin...... ;)

Anonymous said...

Good going ra sridhar...waiting for your next part :)