Sunday, November 02, 2008

Who's YOU want to be?

We all would like to be someone popular…someone powerful…someone whom we adore. We sometimes want to be that someone who has all our qualities…

 

How I wish I were a cricketer!

How I wish I were that hero!

How I wish I had good writing skills!

 

It’s probably human tendency to overlook what we have to crave for what we do not have. I remember my childhood when my brother always used to swap our shares of goodies till they are finalised. The shares were absolutely the same…chocolates, biscuits, crackers…what difference do you have between them? But, he always used to juggle till he reached a decision. I did not realise his predicament until I was a little older than what he was at that time.

 

I always wanted to be a cricketer…during the cricket season. I wanted to be a Sachin Tendulkar when he hit a match winning century. I wanted to be a Vishwanathan Anand when he played Gary Kasparov (not when he lost, though). I always wanted to be someone else. I always wanted that something which is not mine. I always looked at others’ palette before deciding my colours!

 

What is the age that really made you think that given a chance, I want to be me again…not any Tom, Dick or Harry?  To be frank I still think about others…

 

Sigh! Why can’t I be like him; he wins almost all the competitions!

God!!! Why can I be like him? He gets to talk to the hottest girls!

I hate him man! He takes away all the girls I eye (and don’t talk, of course)

 

I will be lying if I say I don’t think all these. But, at the same time, I do think that all this is not what I’m meant to be. I know that I’m what I’m and not what am not…I can write only like me, I can sing only like me…I can’t be an Emraan Hashmi and get to kiss all the girls; I can’t be the AXE ad model who gets to run away to an island with poorly clad models…No, I can never be one of them. And yes, I stopped thinking of others.


Is that Gul Panag in the movie Hello? Wish I was that hero!!!

2 comments:

Pradeep said...

Dude....the same thought was bugging me for quite some time. I am not able to decide whether it can be called 'inspiration' or 'being someone else'.

Anonymous said...

some times i want to be obama because of his way in talking

some times i want to be micheal jackson because of his unique way in sing and dancing

some times i want to be aishwarya ray because of her celver choices, when it is about movies and husband too :p

i like the post .. Thank you :)